Golfing Coordinator: Mike Cohen – (630) 248-5703
As this season ends, weather permitting, we hope to start our 2022 season in April. We play 9 holes of golf on Monday mornings at a variety of local courses. After the game we generally have lunch in the clubhouse. Every fall we try to have an 18 hole Best Ball Scramble.
We are not a league, just a fun and friendly group of people.
Most of the courses only allow us to schedule tee times 7 days in advance (3 days for some). I will send a general email early in the week with details for the following week. You must respond to me if you want to play that week. In other words you can’t just show up at the course and expect to play.
Falling Behind? Here are some tips to keep up the pace of play:
– We play “ready golf” — no need to wait on “furthest from the hole”. If they are not ready, go ahead
and play your shot if it is safe
– 8 stroke limit — pick it up
– “Inside the leather rule” — short putts are a gimmie; pick it up
– No practice strokes — just hit it
– Lost balls — give it a short look then drop a new one